Wednesday 17 January 2018

The Wedding That Changed Everything – Jennifer Joyce

The Wedding That Changed Everything tells the story of Emily. She has her heart broken by men and even her own mother…so it’s safe to say she’s completely and utterly done with the idea of love. However, her best friend Alice couldn’t be more opposite. Alice is a hopeless romantic who completely believes in finding Prince Charming. Alice has her love life sorted so she has taken it upon herself to find Emily her very own Prince Charming. When a spare place comes available at Alice’s sister’s wedding, Emily finds herself invited. Alice see’s the wedding as the perfect opportunity to find Emily her own perfect match.
From only a few chapters in I knew I would absolutely love this book. You know those books that you start reading then before you know it, its 3am and you’ve finished the book - this is absolutely one of those books! Everything about it just makes it a good book, I loved the story, I loved the setting of the castle, I loved the characters...I could go on!

The story is set in the most wonderfully, magic location of Alice’s family castle, Durban Castle. The descriptions of the castle and its grounds are fantastic and I found myself fully transported there whilst reading the book. I also really liked the actual storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed Alice’s attempts at trying to find a potential suitor for Emily and Emily’s attempts at trying to not get involved in any of it at all. I found myself actually laughing out loud at some of the moments in the book. However, its absolutely a romance novel and this book certainly isn’t lacking those either! Ok yes, some moments are a little farfetched but overall the story is believable and you can truly imagine yourself being in this situation.

All of the main characters are wonderful to read about. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the characters but Emily is a down to earth normal character which only added to my enjoyment of the book. She is funny, prone to getting lost and always up for all the pre-wedding games.

This book is everything you want from a romance novel. It’s a book you can get fully absorbed in quickly and the only bad thing about it is that it ends too soon. I’d very much like a sequel or at least something a little more as I’m just not ready to stop ready to stop reading about these characters. As you can tell, I really enjoyed reading this book and if you like the blurb then you will certainly love this book.

Synopsis –

Love happens when you least expect it… 
Emily Atkinson stopped believing in fairy tales a long time ago! She’s fed up of dating frogs in order to track down her very own Prince Charming, despite the best efforts of her matchmaking best friend…
But now she’s been invited to the wedding of the year at the enchanting Durban Castle, and perhaps bumping into a knight in shining armour isn’t as far away as she thought!
Will Emily survive the wedding and walk away an unscathed singleton – or finally find her own happily-ever-after? 

No comments:

Post a Comment