Sunday 25 February 2018

Love To Hate You – Jo Watson


Sera normally does everything right, she works hard to support herself and her family and she truly tries to be a good girl all the time. Then after one night of poor judgement she finds herself having a one-night stand…in the back of a stranger’s car no less! However, little does Sera know it wasn’t going to be a one night stand she could just forget about as mystery man. Ben, turns out to be her new boss.

I read Love To Hate You in one day. You know those books that are a nice easy read but addictive so you can’t put them down then you look at the clock and its 2am but you only have a few pages left so you figure you might as well finish the book? This was 100% that kind of book for me. It was just that addictive.

The relationship between Sera and Ben is a ridiculously slow build up despite how quickly they initially get together in the back of his car. To be honest, normally I get bored with storylines like this, I just end up practically screaming at my kindle for them to either get together or just call it a day – no need to leave us, the readers, in limbo. However, I don’t know why but the fact that it is slow works so well in this book and I surprisingly its what I enjoyed most about the story.

The characters were great to read about even if completely stereotypical, especially Ben. He was just the standard arrogant male love interest especially when he ends up being her boss. Again, this normally is something I dislike in books but it just worked in this story. Sera on the other hand couldn’t be more different. She’s so independent and confident in her decisions and just tries to just be a genuinely nice person to everyone and I loved this about her.

Overall, I found the story great. I thought certain aspects were thrown in just to add more to the story, like the problems Sera has with her family particularly towards the end but generally I enjoyed the story. I mean I didn’t stay up until the early hours of the money reading it so you can safety say I enjoyed this book.

If you’re looking for an easy to read, fun romance novel this is your book!

Synopsis –

An unmissable sexy rom-com from the author of ALMOST A BRIDE. Perfect for fans of Joanna Bolouri, Cate Woods and Sally Thorne's THE HATING GAME.

Sera is usually a good girl. (Except for one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!) But what happens when that bad boy turns out to be her new boss? And what happens when he wants more than one night...and he can be very persuasive...

For more laugh-out-loud, swoon-worthy hijinks, don't miss Jo's other rom-coms, BURNING MOON, ALMOST A BRIDE and FINDING YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment