Monday 22 February 2016

The Number One Rule For Girls - Rachel McIntyre

The Number One Rule For Girls tells the story of Daisy. Daisy has a great group of friends and the perfect boyfriend. Except her perfect life can’t last forever and her boyfriend moves to Spain and finds a new girlfriend. Daisy decides that she needs a fresh start so enrols in the local college instead of following her friends to sixth form. It’s at college she meets on the service perfect boyfriend, Toby who makes her question all the rules she’s ever known.

I found Daisy likeable overall. She is a bit of a twonk at times particularly when it comes to Toby. Toby in the surface seems to be the perfect boyfriend except in reality he is extremely erratic and puts Daisy's life in danger. I found myself constantly wanting to go and shake Daisy to make her see sense about Toby which is exactly what the book wants you to do. I really liked the very little bits of Matt that we see in the book too, I would've loved to have read more about him.

I’ve never read one of Rachel McIntyre’s books before but I shall certainly be checking her other book out. I absolutely loved her writing style. Throughout the book it is always focussing on Daisy’s thoughts which I loved. I think everyone can relate to her as some of the things she thinks are so unfiltered and I liked that. I also thought that the story wasn’t just a typical romance story it had a strong message weaved in. 

I read The Number One Rule For Girls insanely fast as I just enjoyed reading it. It's not my favourite book but it was a fantastic read regardless. I loved the ending and I would love to read another book about Daisy. For the £2.99 kindle price this book is certainly worth reading. 

Synopsis – 

Daisy knows a thing or two about love and romance. She’s surrounded by it – in fact, there’s no escape! Not only are her parents childhood sweethearts turned soulmates, they also run the very successful wedding agency 'Something Borrowed', helping couples to tie the knot in whatever frilly, quirky, tasteful, outrageous way they choose. So it's no surprise that Daisy has a pretty clear vision of how her life with boyfriend Matt is going to pan out.

There’s one major flaw in this plan – Matt and Daisy have split up! Determined not to brood, Daisy sets out to re-invent her life and her dreams. And that’s when Toby enters the scene, who appears to be perfect, but is turning all the Rules upside down...

An irresistible exploration of post break-up life featuring Rachel McIntyre's trademark wit and observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment