Tuesday 27 September 2016

A New York Love Story – Cassie Rocca

Clover loves Christmas, good job really as her job consists of buying people presents. She can’t afford to live in Manhatten so lives just across the water in a quiet area of Staten Island. Meanwhile, world famous Hollywood actor Cade Harrision has just had a messy public breakup with an actress and has fled to an apartment in New York...more specifically Staten Island, bang opposite Clover’s apartment. Their lives are completely different yet when meeting at Christmas even the most magical things can happen.

I love New York, I love Christmas and I love storylines like this one! When I first started the book I worried that it wasn’t going to meet my expectations as it took me a few chapters in to get hooked then before I knew it I ended up spending the entire day sat on a chair reading this book! It's such a cute, Christmas read!

I loved the characters. Clover is different - in a good one! She desperately tries to please her family but with no joy but she loves her job and has great friends. I found her very enjoyable to read about. Her life couldn't be more different from the life of a Hollywood actor so instead of falling at Cade's feet at the sight of him she has quite an adverse reaction. Personally I liked the fact that she didn't instantly like him and it took somewhat grovelling from Cade to get her attention. Meanwhile, Cade is the typical egotistical famous person on the surface but as his barriers start to crumble it's revealed he does have a caring side. Clover and Cade interacted well together and provided some sickeningly adorable romantic moments which I loved!

It's getting to the season where Christmas is starting to get in the back of people's minds. If you're ready for a book set over the Christmas period and you love a good romance story, particularly involving a famous individual then you will absolutely love this book! I loved reading it now but I know that I'll be digging this book out for a reread over the festive period in a few months. 

Synopsis –

Giving a present is not always easy. Clover O’Brian knows that only too well: her job consists of helping people in the arduous task of choosing unusual gifts. Christmas is coming, New York is buzzing, and Clover, who has always loved the festive period, savours the atmosphere.

Cade Harrison already has everything in life. A Hollywood actor, he is handsome, rich, famous and popular. Success, however, has its downsides; having just emerged from a disastrous relationship with an actress, he feels a need to hide away in an area unfrequented by stars, in an apartment lent him by a friend, far from prying eyes – especially those of tabloid reporters. But as chance will have it, the apartment in question is right opposite the one occupied by Clover, who until now has seen Hollywood actors only on the big screen. Two quite different lives meet by chance, at the most exhilarating time of year…

No comments:

Post a Comment