Wednesday 4 October 2017

Don't Stop Me Now - Colleen Coleman

Every so often you discover a book which parts of it overlap with your real life so much that you wonder if the author has been secretly spying on you. Well for me, Don't Stop Me Now is that book.


Don't Stop Me Now focussed on main character Poppy Bloom. She has just finished her PhD but suddenly all her life plans have gone four of the window. Her perfect life she has at university has now shattered, unemployed and homeless she's found herself forced to move back into her mums house. One day when she's feeling sorry for her self her life changes forever as she calls into a radio station to air her opinions. This call changes her life as she's offered a job at the radio station. However, now can Poppy successfully balance her work and friends? 


Not one part of this book wasn't likeable. If I had to pinpoint one thing I really loved it's Poppy. She was such a well written and normal character which is very relatable. Poppy’s friends and family are also just delightful to read about. 


As I’ve said before I can completely and utterly relate to this book. I’m sure most graduates have that smack in the face realisation that the life doesn’t end up the way you planned. This book so wonderfully captures that bubble you’re in at university and then how horrendous it is when that bubble pops. From the high of graduating, to the sheer horror of moving back to your childhood bedroom, it’s all just so incredibly described. I loved everything in about this story. I loved the characters, I loved the storyline, I loved the friendship groups etc etc.....I just looked this book!


For me, I adore a relatable book and Don’t Stop Me Now is certainly that! I would recommend this book to everyone - I just loved it!


Synopsis - 


Poppy Bloom planned to finish her PhD and walk straight into a job at her university. But here she is, unemployed, unceremoniously dumped by her boyfriend, and living back at her mum’s in her vampire-themed childhood bedroom.

Not exactly what she was hoping for.

But when Poppy sets her mind to something, nothing can stand in her way. She scores herself an internship at the hottest radio station in town, joins a netball team, and renews her friendship with her oldest friend Leanne. Spending time with Leanne’s gorgeous twin Tom is just a bonus…

But life has a way of tripping you up when you least expect it, and Poppy soon has to decide where her priorities lie… With new friends, a new career and a new romance, can Poppy keep everyone happy, or is everything about to tumble down around her?

No comments:

Post a Comment